Do you know which pens were commonly used in the olden days? The ink pens! Now, we all know that ink pens are messy and difficult to use. Not only does the ink leak, but you also need to take proper care of them to use them for a long time. So, to rescue people from all the hassles of ink pens, ballpoint pens were created. These pens not only freed the people of the tough times that ink pens gave but also turned out to be useful. Want to know more about ballpoint pens? Follow us!
The Origin Of Ballpoint Pens
Two Hungarian brothers – László and György Bíró – are originally credited with the invention of ballpoint pens. It is said that it was László’s idea to use newspaper ink in ink pens so that it does not smudge. But, soon enough, it was established that the ink then could not flow freely. Thus, the writing of the users would be hampered or may be stopped at all.
It is at this time that, György Bíró perfected the ball and socket technology. Eventually, the idea of using this new procedure for making pens came to his mind. With time, György Bíró started manufacturing and selling these pens for commercial purposes, which he then named as ballpoint pens.
György Bíró had filed for a patent for the same, which he was finally awarded on June 10, 1943. This day, from then is thus famous as the National Ballpoint Pen Day.
Beginning from when it was invented to the right this day, ballpoint pens have been a favorite of everyone looking for hassle-free writing. Let us find out some of the advantages of these pens contributing to its fame.
- As compared to the inks of other pens manufactured by other companies, the inks of these pens dry faster.
- These pens also provide an easy refill process. All one needs to do is change the refill to start writing again. There is no hassle of transferring the ink from bottles to the pen, thus cutting out on mess.
- Ball pens have a comparatively longer life span than most other pens.
- Ball pens also provide a seamless, smooth, and easy writing experience.
- Unlike many other pens, ballpoint pens do not get damaged by applying various amounts of pressure while writing.
- They provide a better writing experience in terms of leakage, dropping of pen, durability, ease of writing, and ease of storing
No one of the modern age has enough time to fill the ink pens slowly and properly with ink. Moreover, most of us also do not have that much patience. Thus, ballpoint pens come extremely handy in case of daily use and also for the carry-along purpose.
Want to check out a great ballpoint pen? Check this out.
0.5mm Refillable Ballpoint Pen
This ballpoint pen eliminates smudging with its quick-dry formulated ink. This classy pen is a perfect addition to your office desk as it is made with elegant design and style.